Thursday, July 9, 2009

Minivan Mama

Well, the day has finally come. I always told Andy that I would NOT own a minivan before I turned 30. So you can imagine my confusion; this van has been parked in our driveway since Tuesday afternoon. I must admit I did drive it. Just to Wendy's last night to pick up some chicken nuggets, fries, and a frosty dairy dessert.

I'm not exactly sure how it happened... At first we were just discussing the "idea" of getting a minivan. Then we were looking around for good deals, then we found a good deal...and now we have it. Sadly, it doesn't have any of the bells and whistles that first made a minivan attractive. We can't push a button to open the doors for the soccer team, our butts will have to supply any and all warmth for the seats, our children will not subdued via TVs mounted in our head rests. But, our Town and Country has low miles and is great condition. The great news is it will keep on chugging well into our children's' adolescence so they can benefit from the humility that only a minivan can teach.

Yes Linus, we can drop you off at the back of the parking lot.

Andy and I have a strict understanding that this is the kid car. It is to remain with the custodial parent. I will under no circumstance drive a minivan to work.


Right now the boys are super excited about the minivan. Linus makes up songs about how much he loves to ride in it. Every morning they want to go somewhere. They insist upon playing in it, and cry when we make them get out.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sydney LeVan said...

Hahahaha Sara.. this is by far the best blog post I've ever read in my entire life. Not joking.