Friday, October 24, 2008

Uncertain Beginnings

So, I've decided to blog...inspired by the crafty projects, snappy layouts, and adorable pictures of all my friends who seem to have their lives in such a manageable position as to allow them to sit down in front of their computer for fifteen minutes. However, the thing that pushed me from bloyer, to conceptual to the concrete was that I recently read a book full of the diaries and letters of emmigrant women on the trail to Oregon and California. They were so telling of life at that time, and many in just a few brief lines painted a vivid picture of their lives and struggles. Suddenly it occurred to me that if a pregnant mother of seven traveling in a covered wagon in the desert can manage to write a few lines every few days, I should find time in my life to do the same (though my life is certainly less interesting)
I have selected my name with care (or at least I spent way too long looking for a title that some how described my life and wasn't taken), picked out a generic background, and reset my password at least four times because so much time has elapsed between when I meant to start blogging to the present inaugural post. I have been cataloging interesting things in my brain for so long that I hardly know where to begin...so this is it.

No comments: